Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reactions to the Death of CNVC Trainer Milli O'Nair

Greetings, Friends,

I felt sad and shocked when I first read of Milli's death this morning online.

Although I did not have the chance to ever meet her in person, I enjoyed her contributions to our trainer forum. I feel touched recalling her light, playful attitude and what I sense was a deep longing to contribute to nonviolence and helping people get their needs met. I consider her a sister, a colleague, and a kindred spirit.

I feel both sympathy and empathy for Mill's family and friends, and yearn for them to receive the empathic support they need in this time of shock and grief.

I feel concern reading that a young man, only 18, crashed into Milli when he nodded off at the wheel of his vehicle. I worry for his well-being as he confronts the results of this accident. I long for a system that helps this young man in a restoration process, and I'm broken-hearted considering the ramifications of a punitive response by Authority to this tragedy.

I hope the Australian NVC community can somehow rally around the families and friends of both Milli and this young man and surround them with empathy and healing.

Warmly, Sadly,

Jim

For information on this tragedy, see:http://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/05/12/77985_gold-coast-news.html&hl=en

No comments: